turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I’m filing taxes for my husband and I and it’s asking me for a 2106 form. When I google that it’s a military document. Neither one of us are in the military.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Carl
Level 15

I’m filing taxes for my husband and I and it’s asking me for a 2106 form. When I google that it’s a military document. Neither one of us are in the military.

IRS form 2106 is not restricted to military use only. See the form at https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f2106.pdf  It pertains to employee business expenses for for use only by Armed Forces reservists, qualified performing artists, fee-basis state or local government officials, and employees with impairment-related work expenses.  Perhaps you indicated you qualify based on one or more of the other three uses of this form?

RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

Form 2106 is for employee business expenses.  If you had any work expenses that you incurred while working for someone else then you fill out form 2106.

These expenses are no longer deductible on your federal return, only some state returns.  If you entered employee business expenses then you may need to delete them from your federal return to get this error to go away.

@arylexwalk 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies