Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I make turbotax online deduct my military income from the AGI for Ohio return when I was not stationed in Ohio?

I'm a Ohio resident that is Active Duty military but am not stationed in Ohio. Per the tax.ohio.gov I should be able to deduct my income because it was earned while not stationed in Ohio. I have gone through he my info section multiple times verifying I haven't messed anything about saying I'm military. I can not figure out how to make turbotax give me the option to select that what am I missing?

Additional information if it helps filing jointly and spouse is a resident of another state.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do I make turbotax online deduct my military income from the AGI for Ohio return when I was not stationed in Ohio?

I figured it out! After uploading your W-2 you must select the check box that says "Active military duty." If that box is not checked the prompt will not come up when doing the state taxes.

I hope this helps anyone else out. Took a while for me to find that.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

I figured it out! After uploading your W-2 you must select the check box that says "Active military duty." If that box is not checked the prompt will not come up when doing the state taxes.

I hope this helps anyone else out. Took a while for me to find that.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies