turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

FED ID Number

Earlier I posted about a Federal ID for the Payer that came back as an invalid number. Could there be an issue with the Turbo Tax software?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
BillM223
Expert Alumni

FED ID Number

As Minh replied to you in the other thread, the EIN you have posted is not correct. The IRS says, "An Employer Identification Number (EIN) is a nine-digit number that IRS assigns in the following format: XX-XXXXXXX." Please see the IRS's Understanding Your EIN.

Please recheck what you are actually entering into TurboTax, and contact the Payer to get their correct EIN.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

FED ID Number

@

....is the 1099-R  from DFAS?

..............two people have reported the FEIN on their paper/PDF 1099-R is missing the final digit.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

FED ID Number

I now have a correct Fed Id number 1099R. I went to irs.gov and am not seeing they have received my electronic turbo tax, why is that???

FED ID Number

@Taff-family wrote:

I now have a correct Fed Id number 1099R. I went to irs.gov and am not seeing they have received my electronic turbo tax, why is that???

The IRS will not be accepting or rejecting any 2020 tax returns until February 12, 2021.

56Mustang

FED ID Number

Request phone call [phone number removed]  to correct turbo tax not accepting Fed ID.  I am 95 and minimum computer savvy.  Thank you for your assistance.   Robert OMalley

56Mustang

FED ID Number

Please call [phone number removed] to correct turbo tx not accepting Fed ID number.  Thank you Robert OMalley

FED ID Number

@56Mustang 

The correct FEIN for DFAS is  34-0727612

Your 1099-R may be missing the final digit which is a  "2"

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
AmyC
Expert Alumni

FED ID Number

@56Mustang

If the 1099-R is from DFAS, the correct EIN is 34-0727612. We know DFAS is wrong this year.

If the issue is from someone else, contact them to ensure the EIN is correct. If needed,  you can fill this form out for someone to call you.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies