Featured Discussion: Common Reasons You May Be in Debt

Incoming is lower than expenses

You should plan accordingly try to use this formula  Income -Investment= Expenses..

When you get an income you must first invest and then remaining amount you can you it for your expenses.

On this list,

I am currently in school and therefore have student loans. I can't make any payments as I am in school phase but I try to make interest payments here and there.

How can i get control over my debt. how to make it go away. Where can I put all my payments into one payment...

good

not in debt

I am a college student -- I am also on SSDI -- disability.  I am also 63 years old.  I will start working from home when I finish college in 2 years at a job that pays me quite well because of my degree -- a much better income than before Disability. And in addition, I will be able to still collect $1,050.00 in Social Security Benefits -- as I will be of retirement age when I graduate.  But I will also have student loans to pay back.  That's the reason I am in debt. Also, I am an artist Digital Media Artist  / Animator / Game Development Major who had to first study 2 years of Graphic Art & Design.  A field of study that costs a lot in supplies.  I have thousands of dollars worth of Art Supplies and equipment from my classes.  I get reimbursed by the government at tax time but only by a fraction of what I actually spent/spend each semester.  That is why I'm in debt.  In this country, --- being in debt -- it is a necessary part of being a student who wasn't born wealthy.

Great info! Question: I was told if something was already listed on your credit report, to let it go and do not pay it. What are your thoughts or experience with that?

I am bi polar and although I am on meds I still go through manic stages where I shop on 

line. I don't do it because I need the stuff because most of the time I don't. I just can't stop myself. I am in debt because of it. I have maxed most of my credit cards and use my debit card until the money is gone.  I need help.

Is a debt consolidation loan better than a Debt Settlement Program or vise versa?  Which is better and why.  They both have pros & cons