Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

berries

Why is Turbotax showing 1099 rental income for one of my two rental properties on both properties?

I have two rental properties.  For the first one, the renter issued a 1099 reflecting part of the rent and paid the rest separately.  When I entered that income, I checked the box that said "some of the income was reported on a 1099-misc, but I had other income as well."  And I recorded the 1099 misc and the other rental income.  Fine so far.

Then I went to my other property, and although I checked the box that said I had NO 1099-misc, when I went to enter the rental amount, it already showed the 1099-misc rental income amount for the OTHER property.  That 1099-misc amount is now on BOTH of my rental properties, and I cannot remove it.

Why is it doing this and how can I fix it?  Forms view did not let me remove the amount from the second property.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Anita01

Why is Turbotax showing 1099 rental income for one of my two rental properties on both properties?

Click on Forms on the upper right, then click on the Schedule E worksheet for the property with the error.  Correct the income.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies