turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tnweb2

Why is there no 1099-misc option for BOTH of us? We own the rental property together. The property mgmt co issued the 1099-Misc.

Turbo tax only gives us the option to enter the 1099 Misc for me or my spouse.  Why is there no option for both of us since we own the rental together? I selected Add a 1099 and it still gave me the same option.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
LeeM

Why is there no 1099-misc option for BOTH of us? We own the rental property together. The property mgmt co issued the 1099-Misc.

It doesn't matter who's name is entered under since you both are reporting the rental income on your Form 1040 as Married Filing Jointly. 

If you reported it as Married Filing Separately, then you would have two returns and would need to split the income between them.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
LeeM

It doesn't matter who's name is entered under since you both are reporting the rental income on your Form 1040 as Married Filing Jointly. 

If you reported it as Married Filing Separately, then you would have two returns and would need to split the income between them.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies