Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where to look for " FIND BUTTON" under search field in the toolbar at the top of the creen (turbotax desktop version) ?

Here is the instruction at TurboTax desktop version when I select sold a rental at Sch E.

Any unrecaptured section 1231 losses in the last 5 years, enter the data by entering 1231 carryovers in the SEARCH FIELD  at the top of the screen. Then selec the FIND button. 

I can not search for this " FIND" button. 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Where to look for " FIND BUTTON" under search field in the toolbar at the top of the creen (turbotax desktop version) ?

@csdl2024 

By the way, when you type "1231 carryovers" in the Search box, make sure you include the "s" at the end. If you type "carryover" without the "s" it won't work. As I said, they don't make it easy.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

There is no Find button. In the Search box type "1231 carryovers" (without the quotes) and press Enter, then click the link that says "Jump to 1231 carryovers."

Thank you for your input. 

But where to type "1231 carryovers" at TurboTax desktop version? 

I made you a screen shot from my Windows Home  & Business program.  After you type 1231 carryovers you have to hit the Enter key to get the Jump to link

Jump 1231.jpg

Thank you for your screenshot. My search function does not work anyway.

It might because I do not have a search bar under TurboTax help. 

1231 carryovers.JPG

1231 carryover 1Capture.JPG

So do you now see the Search on the grey bar on the right?  It's there, I see it on your picture.  

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

I know they don't make it easy. I think you have to sign out to get rid of the TurboTax Assistant. On the File menu on the black bar at the top left (not the gray File tab) click "Signed in as cswish2024" and sign out. Then click Search at the far right end of the gray bar near the top. If you get a window asking you to sign in, don't sign in. Click the X in the top right corner to get rid of the sign in window. Then you will have the Search box, as in the picture that VolvoGirl posted above.

@rjs   Well I'll be..... I am signed out.  Always thought I was signed in.  I must have signed out for some reason in the past.  

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

@csdl2024 

By the way, when you type "1231 carryovers" in the Search box, make sure you include the "s" at the end. If you type "carryover" without the "s" it won't work. As I said, they don't make it easy.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies