thoman87

Where do I report my shares acquired via a dividend on my ESPP sales? The cost basis adj section is only working me through purchases (3922 forms)

Turbo tax is warning me that my shares sold and ones I'v e accounted for with my 3922 forms is slightly off.  It is off because the sale included a small amount of dividend shares.  Turbotax is warning me that they don't match.  Do I need to get them to match?  Where/how do I enter the dividend?
NOTE - I already accounted for the dividend in 2019 (I got a 1099-DIV for it for the 2019 tax year).

DavidD66

I would exclude the dividend shares from the ESPP sale, and report their sale in a completely different transaction.

DavidD66