Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax is requiring me to enter rental income on Schedule E when I don't have any to enter - does anyone know why?

this is for an oil and gas lease
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

TurboTax is requiring me to enter rental income on Schedule E when I don't have any to enter - does anyone know why?

If you have royalty income from the lease then your income and expenses for royalty are entered on Schedule E.

Enter royalty income in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen.  Click on Jump to royalty income

On the screen that asks What are you here to report? Select Royalty and NOT Rental Property

View solution in original post

2 Replies

If you have royalty income from the lease then your income and expenses for royalty are entered on Schedule E.

Enter royalty income in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen.  Click on Jump to royalty income

On the screen that asks What are you here to report? Select Royalty and NOT Rental Property

Carl
Level 15

Do you own rental property? Maybe you received royalty income? Both rental income and royalty income are reported on SCH E.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies