turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

aa50
Level 2

What form/sheet/cells from previous years tax return inform Passive Loss Carryovers on TurboTax?

Hi, 

See attached screen shot.  I did not file my taxes on Turbo Tax last year (2019), but have passive loss carryovers reported on my 2019 return from a K1 - I need to carry these over to my 2020 return. I'm trying to figure out which forms and cells on the previous years tax return populate "Box 1 Ordinary Income" and "Box 2a Ordinary Income" on the passive loss carryovers page of Turbo Tax.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Screen Shot 2021-03-11 at 8.33.51 AM.png

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
Carl
Level 15

What form/sheet/cells from previous years tax return inform Passive Loss Carryovers on TurboTax?

IRS Form 8582. If you don't have that in your 2019 taxes, then you didn't have any suspended losses to carry over.

aa50
Level 2

I have form 8582 with carryovers, what specific cells should I bring over to populate "Box 1ordinary income" and "Box 2a - ordinary income"? @Carl 

Carl
Level 15

Line 7

aa50
Level 2

@Carl Line 7 is modified gross income, there is nothing listed there.  

It must be somewhere in section 3 that highlights passive losses - this is driven by worksheets 1-6

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies