Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Joepet75

Schwab download

Schwab said on the 14th that their 1099 download is ready.  TurboTax says it won't be ready until the 18th.  What is going on TurboTax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

Schwab download

Please see this Help Article for important information, such as import instructions. 

If you need additional assistance, please feel free to contact Customer Support so you can speak with someone who can assist you. 

@Joepet75 

Schwab download

Download of Schwab 2022 1099s became available today, Feb 18 2023. I've spend hours trying to download many times, the connection to Schwab works OK (confirmed with Schwab Technical Support using a live debug session). My browser (Chrome, on Windows 10) reports "Success! We got your tax data. You can now return to TurboTax." but TurboTax doesn't respond. It just sits there, doing nothing, it never realizes that the data it is waiting for is ready.

I've tried restarting TurboTax, restarting my PC, starting new tax return in TurboTax. Also tried importing in the 1099-DIV, 1099-INT, 1099-B sections - all have the same behavior. Nothing works.

Schwab Technical Support person (exceedingly helpful) said they are successfully walking customers through the download process but have a few that are unsuccessful.

Schwab download

Exactly the same issue.  no help restarting.

SantinoD
Expert Alumni

Schwab download

You can enter the Sales Total summaries from your 1099-B instead. 

I understand how that can be frustrating, so I want to give you some steps on how to enter them another way so you can get your taxes filed.

If you prefer to enter manually to expedite your filing, follow these steps:

1. Open (continue) your return, if you haven't already
  2. Locate the search bar. Search for 1099-B, then select the Jump to link in the search results
  3. Select Okay! on the screen Time to kick off your investments! OR Yes on the screen Did you sell any of these investments? then Continue
    • If you see Your investments and savings or Your investment sales summary, select Add investments or Add more sales

Make sure to have your 1099-B available and select "Enter a different way" when you get to the screen shown below:

Answer the question on the next few screens and you will get to the screen to select how you want to enter your sales. Make sure "Sales section totals" is selected and continue entering the info from your 1099-B.

Your brokerage statements should include a summary of your transactions, grouped by sales category, for example, Box A short-term covered or Box D long-term covered.

@brendanc255

Schwab download

Your TT answer to enter the data manually is woefully inadequate. 

Schwab download

Note: I was using the Desktop version.

I was able to download my 1099's.

I did run into a problem when using Firefox. I do believe my POPUP settings were blocking Schwab's web site from completing the log in process.

I decided to switch and make Chrome my default to get it to work.

You might want to check any extensions and Chrome POPUP settings that might be blocking Schwab.

You can also try and make Edge or some other browser as the default browser.

Also make sure your antivirus and firewall is not blocking the process. Temporarily turn them off might work. Just make sure you enable them when finished.

Schwab download

the download is of PDFs if you want them.  Can't be imported. the file(s)  necessary for importing are separate and are available later.  you have to go through Turbotax import steps to access the Schwab server that's holding the files you need for import. like from the interest income section  in Turbotax- add form then import from broker. then read and follow the steps. 

Schwab download

Solved:

Changed default browser to Edge. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies