Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

match CPA's Form 4562 Dep & Amort Report

My CPA was using 200DB/HY for a 04/15/2015 water heater replacement.  Basis = $1421.  2018 Prio Depreciation = $800.  2018 Current Depreciation = $177.  How do I use TurboTax Business to continue using the same schedule for this item in the Form 4562 for 2019?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MinhT1
Expert Alumni

You can enter the asset in TurboTax, put in the original price, the original date of service, and say in TurboTax that you use the Half-year MACRS convention. TurboTax will suggest an amount of prior depreciation which you can change to the actual prior depreciation, which in your case is $977 ($800 + $177).

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MinhT1
Expert Alumni

You can enter the asset in TurboTax, put in the original price, the original date of service, and say in TurboTax that you use the Half-year MACRS convention. TurboTax will suggest an amount of prior depreciation which you can change to the actual prior depreciation, which in your case is $977 ($800 + $177).

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

The prior year's Form 4562 has the Special Depreciation Allowance for the water heater as 0.  TT Bus keeps puting Special Dep Allow = $711.  How do I force it to Special Dep Allow to 0?

Oh I had it categorized incorrectly.  I fixed it now.  Everything is good.  Thank you for your excellent advice!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies