turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

hobbs8494

Is there any support for QOZ investments for 2019? I don't find any reference to Form 8997 on the TT site, which is required by IRS to defer cap gains.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
DavidD66
Expert Alumni

Is there any support for QOZ investments for 2019? I don't find any reference to Form 8997 on the TT site, which is required by IRS to defer cap gains.

No, there is no support for Qualified Opportunity Zone investments and you can't file Form 8997 using TurboTax.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
phanson6

Are there other tax software vendors that support this investment type?

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

As of now, turbo Tax does not support Form 8997. I do not not know if other vendors support this as it was recently released. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Lao3
Level 1

Form 8997 is not listed in the "Which IRS forms are not included in TurboTax?"https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/which-irs-forms-are-not-included-in-turbotax/00/25551   However, it is not available in today's software release.  TurboTax shall keep their promise  to get its users covered to include it in the next TurboTax software update.

Promise?  Is this truly a planned feature?  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies