Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How and where do I enter my 1099-nec information as a payor of those rental expenses?

I hired a property management company to manage my one rental property.  If there are repairs required, the property management company handles those repairs and take the. money to pay the"worker' to do the work from my account held by the property management company.  How do I report this on the 1099-nec as the payor?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

How and where do I enter my 1099-nec information as a payor of those rental expenses?

Property  managers are responsible for sending 1099s to landlords or to any service provider or owner who earns more than $600 related to the rental business. To make things a little easier for busy landlords at the end of the year, property management companies are responsible for sending 1099s to landlords.

Carl
Level 15

How do I report this on the 1099-nec as the payor?

"You" don't issue any 1099's. That's one of the things you hired a property management company to deal with. The property manager will issue all 1099-NECs if required, and will also issue you a 1099-MISC to show the rental income they paid to you.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies