Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

hanunian

Note: I did not receive any 1099-B but I have a tiny amount of short term capital gains (less than $10.00). I am unable to access any place in TurboTax to report.

TurboTax demands the name of a bank or brokerage tat produced a 1099-B but there is not one.  So, I am unable to access the part to report very tiny short term capital gains.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

Note: I did not receive any 1099-B but I have a tiny amount of short term capital gains (less than $10.00). I am unable to access any place in TurboTax to report.

If you can't import it then just enter it manually.  The first screen asks for the bank name, don't enter the bank. Scroll down and click on Change the way I enter it and then on the next screen pick I'll type it in myself.

What did you get the gain from?  Did you sell something?  They have until Feb 28 to send you a 1099 for it.  Was only the net gain less than $10?  Or the total sale amount under $10 also? 

hanunian

Thank you for your help.

My December statement only shows a short term capital gain of $3.10 on a federal money market mutual fund.

Per the brokerage, the $3.10 represents the distribution of profit the money market fund made in 2021 at the end of the year.

Oh you would enter that on a 1099DIV put it in box 2a.  Did it pay you any other dividends?   If you get a 1099DIV it should be on that.  

hanunian

Yes.  Thanks.  I see now on the IRS website it gets reported with dividends.

If you have other dividends from that then wait for the 1099 to come.  They have until Jan 31 to send it to you.  Or actually Feb 28 for investment 1099

Enter a 1099-Div under

Federal

Wages & Income

Interest and Dividends

Interest on 1099-DIV - Click the Start or Update button

It's just as fast and easier to manually enter your W2 or 1099. Don't type the bank name or try to import it.
At the bottom pick - Change How I enter my Form

Then on the next screen pick - I'll Type it in Myself

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies