lkonopka

Live in pa but paying NJ tax on rental property. Can I check box on PA return "this property is not taxable as a rental in pa" since I already am paying on NJ return

I am paying taxes on NJ state return for my passive rental income.  I am a full time resident of PA.  Can I check the box that the property is not taxable as rental/ royalty in PA on PA state return? Otherwise, it would seem like I am being double taxed.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

No.

All income is taxable on a PA resident income tax return regardless of where it originates from.

However, you may claim a credit on your PA return for "taxes paid to another state".  Thus you get a credit for the NJ income taxes you may have paid on the rental activity.  Be sure the PA return contains a Schedule G and you should provide a copy of your NJ return with the PA return.

No.