leo

limited interest isnt calculating in "Deductible Home Mortgage Interest Worksheet" form

my home loan balance (from my primary residence and investment property) is higher than $1m, so i am using "Deductible Home Mortgage Interest Worksheet" form to calculate allowed deductible interest. 

it is pulling correct principal amount, interest amount, origination date, etc from the number i entered. however in the Part 2 of the form, it is not calculating line 16, and is not allowing me to enter line 13. why? how should i fix that?image.pngline 13, line 16 are not calculating, and not allow me to edit

WendyN2

We are aware of this experience. If you're experiencing  the issue above,  please go here to receive email notifications when any updates related to this issue become available. 

WendyN2

bacsweeney

It is correctly computing the deductible portion of my home mortgage interest on Part 2 Line 16 of the worksheet, but then it adds the deductible portion of my mortgage points to the amount on Line 16 before migrating it to Schedule A Line 8a. Then it is entering the deductible portion of the mortgage points a second time in Schedule A Line 8c.

NashayLO

Please contact us by phone, for further assistance What is the TurboTax phone number?

LindaTrue

Nashaya, 

I have called several numbers several times each and it was always a dead end. Can you be more specific about how to find out if the IRS received my 2019 return? Please.

Linda T

Cynthiad66

You can verify that with IRS.  TurboTax is not allowed to access your tax account with IRS because of Privacy Issues.  Here is how to get a transcript for 2019 taxes and it will give you the information that you need.

How to Request a Transcript From IRS