Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If I accidentally deleted my rental property information for 2021 that was carried over for years prior, is there any way to get that back in my 2021 return?

I checked the box  for "did not attempt to rent this property" since we sold it in January of 2021. It said I should remove the property so I said yes and it removed my entire Schedule E but when I went to home sale that is for primary homes only. Is there anyway to get my schedule E back in my 2021 return with all my carryover depreciation, etc.? We've had that rental property carrying over in TurboTax for years and I don't want to mess it up by trying to take the 2020 printed return and re-enter everything by hand.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
HelenC12
Expert Alumni

If I accidentally deleted my rental property information for 2021 that was carried over for years prior, is there any way to get that back in my 2021 return?

No, once it's deleted I'm not aware of any way to get it back. However, you could start a new 2021 return, transfer your 2020 .tax file and re-enter your 2021 information. That way, you'll have all the prior years' depreciation without having to manually re-enter your depreciation amounts.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Carl
Level 15

With the online version of the program, the only way to get the rental history back is to clear the return and start over. Only then can you re-import the information anew.

Note that if you have already paid your online TTX fees, then the option to clear and start over is not possible.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies