Solved: I sold tracking stocks last year & that account was closed. How do I report it? Not able to import & the consolidated 1099 doesn't include # of shares that were sold

I sold tracking stocks last year & that account was closed. How do I report it? Not able to import & the consolidated 1099 doesn't include # of shares that were sold

This was from an old ESPP from a number of years ago.

The company that was for, ended up going private in a merger, so company stopped offering ESPP. Most of Stock got sold off then, but a % of it got turned into a tracking stock.

Got the consolidated 1099 form from the company, which details the summary of the proceeds/gains from the sale (under Form 8949). Everything under 1099-DIV/1099-MISC/1099-B/1099-INT is $0.00 for reference. It doesn't list out anything regarding # of shares sold (since they were fractional due to that merger / going private). Just the total long-term proceeds, cost basis and net gain.

When i go to try and report it on TurboTax for filing, i can't just import since the account is closed. When i go to manually type in long-term sales, it asks for shares sold, which is a number that wasn't provided in the 1099.l 

As long as you have the total proceeds and cost basis, the number of shares is not really necessary.  You can estimate the number of shares, or just use 1.00. 

Awesome, thank you!

You're welcome.  Thanks for using TurboTax!