Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Stinsy

I sold my rental property in 2019. So how do i fill out "Your property assets" form? some items are fully depreciated and others are not. What do i do with this form?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
JamesG1
Expert Alumni

I sold my rental property in 2019. So how do i fill out "Your property assets" form? some items are fully depreciated and others are not. What do i do with this form?

Follow these directions.

• At the screen Your property assets, click on Edit for the rental property.
  • At the screen Describe this asset, click on Rental real estate property.
  • At the screen Tell us a little more about your rental asset, click on Residential rental real estate.
  • At the screen Tell us about this rental asset, enter the cost, cost of land and date purchased.  (Land is a portion of the cost of the property.)
  • At the screen Tell us more about this rental asset, click on I purchased this asset newHave you used this item 100%, click Yes.
  • Click on The item was sold, retired, stolen, destroyed, disposed of, converted to personal use, traded in, or given away.
  • Enter the date sold or retired from use.
  • At the screen Confirm your prior depreciation, verify the prior depreciation computed.
  • Continue through the screens
  • At the screen Sales Information, enter the sales price.
  • Proceed through several screens until you end back at Your property assets.  You may have several assets to retire or report as sold.  Cycle through each asset.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies