turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I live in missouri and pay rent. my landlord gave me a form 5674 and I don't know where to put any of this info to see if it will help get me a better refund?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
BillM223
Expert Alumni

I live in missouri and pay rent. my landlord gave me a form 5674 and I don't know where to put any of this info to see if it will help get me a better refund?

When you start the Missouri interview in TurboTax, you will eventually come to a screen with the title "Property Tax Credit" (yes, this is for renters, too). Answer Yes.

Proceed through the interview until you are asked for the information off the 5674. Note that is your income is too high, you may never be asked about this.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Granny7

5674 IS THE LANDLORDS VERIFICATION OF RENT PAID. TO BE SENT  WITH THE MO-PTC. IT DOES NOT COME UP IN TURBO TAX TO COMPLETE TO GIVE TO LANDLORD FOR SIGNATURE.

Granny7

THIS IS A PROBLEM IN TURBO TAX FOR THE PAST FEW YEARS. MUST HAVE RENT /LANDLORD CERTIFICATION FORM. FORM 5674 SHOULD BE THERE AND NOT HAVE TO FIGHT FOR IT EVERY YEAR. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies