Solved: I have an HSA investment account that received dividend payments. Do I need to report these dividend payments somehow on my taxes?

I have an HSA investment account that received dividend payments. Do I need to report these dividend payments somehow on my taxes?

NO.  All income activity inside an HSA is ignored for income tax return purposes. 

Generally you report contributions to the HSA, you report distributions from the HSA, but activity inside the HSA - dividends, interest, capital gains and losses and so forth - are not reported.

Tom Young

Tom Young

Except in California state filings!