I have 3 resident rentals and I also work as Software Consultant. Can I claim the rental and my consultant job with QBI?

thuyp2003

DanielV01

It depends, but this income can qualify.  The QBI calculation is complicated, but these types of income can qualify for the deduction if all the other qualifications are met (such as your overall income and whether or not you are a Specialized Service Trade or Business with too much income to claim the deduction).

This FAQ provides additional information, and TurboTax will help you to determine if you qualify and how much of your income will be deducted for the Qualified Business Income (Section 199A) Deduction:  https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/7036528