Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am stationed in Texas and my home of record is Texas. I have a rental property and a K1 partnership in Missouri. Do I need to file a Missouri Tax return?

When I try to add MO it adds my Military income and asks for my MO duty station and I can not remove it.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

I am stationed in Texas and my home of record is Texas. I have a rental property and a K1 partnership in Missouri. Do I need to file a Missouri Tax return?

You will need to file a MO return to claim the rental income and K1 Partnership income in MO. 

Yes, because there are various options to have MO income, the questions will be asked to ascertain your status.  Stationed in MO or not will be a question asked of military members.  You will leave the MO duty station box blank but do indicate TX is your home of record. 

Later, you will indicate the military pay exclusion in the interview.  Additionally, as you progress through the MO interview you will have the opportunity to exclude/allocate only what income belongs to MO.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you for the reply so in regards to the military pay exclusion what do i put in that block the entire amount or leave it blank?  

DanaB27
Expert Alumni

You will put your entire military pay in that block since it isn't taxable in MO.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies