Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts Retirement/Life Events! >> Event happening TOMORROW!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am getting this error code: MA_PersonalPropRentalIncome_R17_All I do not own any rental properties or income from properties. How do I fix this?

I am filing jointly as a non-resident in MA. I have submitted twice, and it failed for the same reason. When I attempt to fix the error, it just says it’s fixed with no action being taken on my part. I looked over the form that’s being submitted, and I don’t see anything relevant to personal property or rental incomes.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

14 Replies

I am getting this error code: MA_PersonalPropRentalIncome_R17_All I do not own any rental properties or income from properties. How do I fix this?

I am having this same error. No clue what it means.

Same issue and characteristics. From RI and both fed and ri is fine.  Did feb 8 update...passed review and still fails. no idea what to do.

I am having the same issue, did anyone get a fix? 

Kelmans3

I am getting the same code. Ct and federal accepted, non res MA keeps getting denied

I'm in the same situation I think Turbotax needs to fix this I don't own any property in MA

I notice there is a Turbo Tax software update that is supposed to run today.  I will try again in the morning. 

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

We would like to take a deeper dive into this message to assist you.  In order to do this, it would be helpful to have a TurboTax ".tax2023" file that is experiencing this issue. You can send us a “diagnostic” file that has your “numbers” but not your personal information. If you would like to do this, here are the instructions: Go to the black panel on the left side of your program and select Tax Tools.

1. Then select Tools below Tax Tools.
  2. A window will pop up which says Tools Center.
  3. On this screen, select Share my file with Agent.
  4. You will see a message explaining what the diagnostic copy is. Click okay through this screen and then you will get a Token number.
  5. Reply to this thread with your Token number. This will allow us to open a copy of your return without seeing any personal information.

Here are the instructions if you are using TurboTax CD/Download:

1. Click on Online in the top left menu of TurboTax CD/Download for Windows
  2. Select 'Send Tax File to Agent'
  3. Write down or send an image of your token number then place in this issue.
  4. We can then review your exact scenario for a solution.
  5. Please also tell us any states included in the return.

We will then be able to see exactly what you are seeing and we can determine what exactly is going on in your return and provide you with a resolution.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
acpaul97
Returning Member

Token number 1177506

token number 1177510

token 1177590

Fix this! 

Massachusetts return rejection: Reject Code MA_PersonalPropRentalIncome_R17_All

When I click fix this, this is the response, which is for Illinois, yet I am filing Massachusetts.... 

Let's take a look at your return
Description of error:
Your state tax filing was placed on hold.
What needs to be done:
There are pending updates from the Department of Revenue for topics related to your tax return. There will be a software update available on February 23, 2024 that addresses the issue. On or after that date, please access your return and update you software (for online products, this happens automatically). Proceed through and review your Illinois return, and re-transmit your return (you will not be charged again). Alternatively, you may wish to print and mail your return to the proper taxing authority.

My token is 1177603

Based on the number of responses in this thread, it seems like a platform issue. Likely related to the non-resident MA form.

BillM223
Expert Alumni

Here is an updated message on the situation:

The Massachusetts Department of Revenue recently implemented some updates that have affected the forms within TurboTax. Additional time is needed to implement these changes to ensure your return is filed accurately. We anticipate these software updates being available after February 15, 2024. Please log in to your program after this date, and update your software if you are using the desktop product, (for online products, this happens automatically). Proceed through and review your Massachusetts return, and re-transmit your return.

Token #1177946

AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

There are pending updates to our products based on the latest information from the Department of Revenue for topics related to your tax return. There will be a software update available on February 15, 2024 that addresses these issues. On or after that date, please access your return and update your software (for online products, this happens automatically). Proceed through and review your Massachusetts return, and re-transmit your return (you will not be charged again).

@nvdonahue  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies