turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

pollyh5

I accidently marked that i have a business called 'vacation rental' but i dont. How do i delete it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
AnnetteB6
Employee Tax Expert

I accidently marked that i have a business called 'vacation rental' but i dont. How do i delete it?

If you entered the 'vacation rental' as a Schedule C business, use these steps to delete it:

• On the top row of the TurboTax online screen, click on Search (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax locate the search box in the upper right corner)
  • This opens a box where you can type in “schedule c” (be sure to enter exactly as shown here) and click the magnifying glass (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax, click Find)
  • The search results will give you an option to “Jump to schedule c
  • Click on the blue “Jump to schedule c” link

Then click Delete or the trash can icon beside 'vacation rental'.  This will delete the Schedule C and underlying tax forms.

@pollyh5

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
pollyh5

I was unable to delete it. Am I able to speak with someone pver the phone? [phone number removed] 

1. With your return open, search for this exact phrase: business (schedule c) (include the parentheses) and then click the "Jump to" link in the search results.
  2. Answer Yes when asked if you had (or want to work on) business income and expenses for 2019.
    • That's right – you'll need to answer Yes, even though it doesn't make sense
  3. When you get to the Business info or Business Summary screen, click Delete next to the defunct business.
  4. Answer Yes to confirm the removal of all business-related forms.

Use this website to contact TurboTax support for this situation:

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies