If you entered the 'vacation rental' as a Schedule C business, use these steps to delete it:
- On the top row of the TurboTax online screen, click on Search (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax locate the search box in the upper right corner)
- This opens a box where you can type in “schedule c” (be sure to enter exactly as shown here) and click the magnifying glass (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax, click Find)
- The search results will give you an option to “Jump to schedule c”
- Click on the blue “Jump to schedule c” link
Then click Delete or the trash can icon beside 'vacation rental'. This will delete the Schedule C and underlying tax forms.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
- With your return open, search for this exact phrase: business (schedule c) (include the parentheses) and then click the "Jump to" link in the search results.
- Answer Yes when asked if you had (or want to work on) business income and expenses for 2019.
- That's right – you'll need to answer Yes, even though it doesn't make sense
- When you get to the Business info or Business Summary screen, click Delete next to the defunct business.
- Answer Yes to confirm the removal of all business-related forms.
Use this website to contact TurboTax support for this situation: