Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I record capital gain distribution (box2a)? How do I take advantage of unused capital losses from previous years?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do I record capital gain distribution (box2a)? How do I take advantage of unused capital losses from previous years?

If you have a 1099-DIV with an amount in box 2a then simply enter that form in the 1099-DIV entry section in the Income section.  

If you have to enter prior year cap losses because you either did not use TT last year or you did not transfer the prior year info to this year then it is done in the investments section ... just follow the interview path ...

1a.jpg2.jpg  

View solution in original post

1 Reply

If you have a 1099-DIV with an amount in box 2a then simply enter that form in the 1099-DIV entry section in the Income section.  

If you have to enter prior year cap losses because you either did not use TT last year or you did not transfer the prior year info to this year then it is done in the investments section ... just follow the interview path ...

1a.jpg2.jpg  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies