Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

j g
Level 2

Feedback to TT: survey satisfaction e-mail, regarding the online version of doing the return:

First suggestion: In the online tax return, remains yet to be seen if we can solve the concerns (final reviews and errors etc.) with his upload (1099s) suggestion. One of my 1099's is 162 pages in pdf. Truth is, an advisor looking at his uploaded 1099 of mine, and me looking at mine, may be sufficiently out of sync with each other to hamper. I UNDERSCORE YOU SHOULD ALWAYS HAVE THE OPTION FOR AN ADVISOR - PENDING CLIENT ALLOWS - TO VIEW EVERTHING ON ALL SCREENS. E.G. I pull up my 1099 I have stored on my machine, and he can see it exactly as I, and my cursor in it pointing out anything. I have allowed full remote screen sharing and used it for 20 years with TT advisors, CD version to 2021 with Turbo Tax every time and have no problem with it. The 20 years I've used TT, I encourage and let each TT advisor be empowered to be able to see everything on my machine, that I will show them - and I end up showing quite a bit - doesn't take that long though if one's well prepared and I always try to be before calling the advisor.

Remains yet to be seen if this upload thing is sufficient. Certainly different though.

Another suggestion: In the online version, the display of final errors is tentatively unclean, imprecise and inefficient comparing to the CD version I'm used to: Specifically, in the CD version you can see each error in complete description, then see the next, using the skip feature. On your own. You can literally memorize your errors PREPARING MUCH, MUCH BETTER FOR YOUR FINAL REVIEW TALK WITH THE TT ADVISOR ON FIXING THE REMAINING ERRORS. Such capability is extremely valuable in that a person can, after seeing the specifics, THINK ON THEM AS LONG AS HE WANTS. Smarter folk will undoubtedly, having seen what the errors are asking, be able to fix a few. can this sav tim or whaat? MOST OF ALL, thinking on them, one can write down any questions, or think on things the errors said - only you know you - better than some advisor - and your situation - well, to a degree as pertains to the taxable you - you can write down e.g., after thinking, some place in your 1099 you think the particular error may be referencing, then bring it to the attention of the final TT advisor when he helps you with the errors and final review. I have encountered these very situations many times in the past, (using only the CD version for each year), bringing things I had thought of that might be pertinent to some error, to the attention of TT advisor in the last stretch. We needed this actually, in that some of the advisors in certain years were not that versed in stocks (I do a lot with them), and they stumbled quite visibly on some things I noticed. It depends on which advisor, to extents, you take up with. I've actually taught several of them something new about stocks - and they told me as much.

IOW's so far as I can tell with the online version, but I am new just this year to the online, both you and the agent beginning final review just blindly begin swinging at one error after another, client seeing them for the first time too. This may just boil to implementing having the errors neatly arrayed, ESPECIALLY THE SKIP FEATURE, you can "memorize" all your errors, then go consult the TT advisor. You'll have much more to contribute. In the long run, the time these suggestions could save in operations would add up huge.

Oh, 1 more thing, this forum: I wrote the above in MS Wordpad first ( in case lose it, since no save feature). When I paste it in, the 4 paragraphs are all jammed together, have to eye the lines for each paragraph start, then carriage-space them to separate. Too tedious and inefficient. Please find a way to allow it to be pasted in as written from these rather standard word processing apps.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Feedback to TT: survey satisfaction e-mail, regarding the online version of doing the return:

j g,

Rather an indirect way to provide feedback to Intuit, but I'll alert the powers-that-be to your posting.  I'm not that clear about the whole advisor thing.  Are you using TurboTax Live to prepare your taxes with the help of an Intuit employee or are you sharing your screen with an advisor of your own.  I agree that the CD route is the way to go for anything with a large number of entries and/or forms.  My own 1099-B was 170 pages and was not on the import list.  Took a lot of typing!

j g
Level 2

[quote]Rather an indirect way to provide feedback to Intuit, but I'll alert the powers-that-be to your posting.  I'm not that clear about the whole advisor thing.  Are you using TurboTax Live to prepare your taxes with the help of an Intuit employee or are you sharing your screen with an advisor of your own.  I agree that the CD route is the way to go for anything with a large number of entries and/or forms.  My own 1099-B was 170 pages and was not on the import list.  Took a lot of typing![/quote]

I've always availed of the TT advisor. Much confusion this year, 20th in a row using TT. Couldn't find a number, several days, to raise the advisor I invoke every year for the few remaining errors. The "customer service" number ending 8848 just circled dumb-down on every word prompt and kept insisting to send me a text or e-mail link relating to what it thought it heard. I was hissing after 10 call-tries to that number.   After 3 days finishing taxes in the CD, I then started from scratch doing the taxes online all over again because forum operators (apparently TT staff, too) told me I could raise an expert or advisor ONLY by doing the online taxes version. Needing the advisor at the end as always, I had no choice.  Then, the "quality": It was apparent at the 1st invoke of an online "expert," (now doing the return online), everything was different, and I noted sub par must be the new norm, so I recited to this new norm "expert" past experiences with advisors who knew exactly what to do, and which box to fill. The online "expert" simply didn't know much or where stuff really goes; consequently couldn't steer me on errors.  At that point I was informed any "expert" was simply not an advisor, but, miraculously, after these new 6 days wasted, I was given a number to try raise the other side: real advisors. By noon, the distinction between "experts" and "advisors" went through the floorboards, and someone else was correcting my earlier ear from an expert, now saying ALL TT staff are experts and advisors. So you can't count on info or definition raising a smoother tomorrow. (Look out below - I mean ahead!) Anyway, I've never hired outside CPAs or advisors. TT always had them there for 20 years - my errors never took much of their time - over for the year, one time thing.

I'm curious what closeted broker you've got that is not listed for the importing?

Got curious and thought I call that dumb-down number ending 8848 one more time. "What can I help you with?" says the bot. I was going to beat them this time with a ploy. Ask for billing - nobody can resist something to do with $ - then tell them in billing to spirit me to an advisor.

Bot voice wants to text or e-mail me some more junk was all it could do again. Pure scum, this one.

TT, please spank yourself thoroughly for that no-help "customer service" number insult. You botched it a bit too much this year with that filth-o-number.

Whynot222

i just want you to be aware that i have been ready to file for two weeks, except for the heat pump tax credit form not being available. Next year i will be buying Tax Cut since it seems to be able to provide up to date forms within the first month of the new year. your company needs to get its act together. i have used you for a long time. no longer.  The update date has been pushed 4 times for this one form.

For what it is worth, Colorado requires an 11 page form to be filled out for the state credit and AARP Tax-Aide has a 50 minute complex video covering how to fill it in.  Perhaps that might be the source of the delay.  Just a guess, of course.  I'm not an Intuit employee.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies