Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Estimated tax payment - can turbotax help determine if I need to make payment for the annual tax return in 2024, and how much?

Dear friends at TurboTax,

TurboTax 2023 Deluxe desktop version determined that my family may need to pay estimated tax in the year of 2024 and printed me four vouchers.  I did not use those vouchers to pay estimated tax because 1) I know that my wife and me will be selling a big portion of my investment, which will incur more tax (long and short term investment gains); and 2) there is a significant increase in my salary in 2024. Instead, both myself and my wife have updated W2 form to withhold more tax.

Fast forward, my wife and me sold a big portion of my investment in July, and if we need to pay estimated tax, it's my impression that we should pay it before September 15th. 

My wife and I were wondering if the TurboTax 2023 Deluxe desktop version can help 1) determine if we do need to pay estimated tax for the annual tax return in 2024; and if we do, 2) calculate how much we shall pay and possibly generate voucher or just let me set up payments the way we pay yearly federal tax return.

If TurboTax 2023 Deluxe desktop version cannot do any of these, could you please let me know how I can do it by myself?

Thanks a lot!

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Estimated tax payment - can turbotax help determine if I need to make payment for the annual tax return in 2024, and how much?

Duplicate...see:   Estimated tax - can Turbotax help determine if I need to pay for year 2024? (intuit.com)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies