Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

parock115

Does the depreciated basis for my rental property show up somewhere in my tax return? Where can I find the depreciated basis for my rental property?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Does the depreciated basis for my rental property show up somewhere in my tax return? Where can I find the depreciated basis for my rental property?

Save a PDF of the return with all the worksheets to see the depreciation worksheet. 

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  

Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

If you have filed your federal tax return and it has been accepted by the IRS -

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2021 online tax return.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Save a PDF of the return with all the worksheets to see the depreciation worksheet. 

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  

Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

If you have filed your federal tax return and it has been accepted by the IRS -

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2021 online tax return.

Your basis will not appear on your actual income tax return, but there are a couple of forms in TurboTax (the PDF if you save that) where you will find the basis.

One is your Asset Entry WorkSheet and the other is your Depreciation and Amortization Report.

Carl
Level 15

May I ask why you are asking/looking for the depreciated basis? If you sold the property in 2021 and it was still classified as a rental in 2021, when you report the sale in the SCH E section of the program, then the program (not you) takes care of all that stuff for you.

parock115

Thank you.  The worksheets is what I was missing.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies