rtbarnhill98

Do I fill out Renter's Deductions from an apartment lease?

RENT

There is not a rent deduction or credit on your Federal return.  If your state has anything for renters you will be prompted to enter your rent info when you complete your state return.  As far as I know, the states that have anything for rent are Arizona, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Indiana, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Wisconsin.

RENT

rtbarnhill98

So currently I am renting an apartment in Indiana for 5 months going. Would I fill this out within the Renters Deductions section of my state refund section?

I am not familiar with an IN tax return form, but since IN has some sort of rent credit, seems like you should fill it out.