IN-Resident

Do I enter partial or total expenses for my rental expenses of my primary residence?

JohnR1

You would enter the expenses while your residence was your home separately from the period when it was available for rent, so partial expenses would be entered for the rental period.

You would divide yearly expenses, such as taxes and insurance, between rental use and personal use.

You can deduct as rental expenses only the part of the expense that is for the part of the year the property was used or held for rental purposes, on Schedule E.

ratings image
JohnR1