Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

newuser10

Do disregarded entities still need to file business taxes?

My wife and I formed an LLC and we live in Texas, which is a community property state. Our LLC is considered a disregarded entity. Do we still need to file business taxes indicating it is a disregarded entity? It's unclear to me whether or not we still need to file, even though it's considered a disregarded entity.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

No, you do not have to file your personal tax return on or before March 15, 2024.  That date is only for those filing a Partnership tax return, Form 1065 or a Corporate tax return, Form 1120 or 1120S. 

Your business is a disregarded entity who files their business income and expenses on a Schedule C that must be included with your personal tax return, Form 1040.  The date for filing a personal tax return is April 15, 2024.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Yes, you have to report your business income.  It is entered on a Schedule C which is part of your personal tax return.  Each of you need to file a Schedule C for the income and expenses as an LLC in a community property state.

newuser10

Yes, I understand I still need to report the business income in my schedule C within my personal tax return. But, I'm wondering if I missed the business tax deadline (March 15, 2024) or if I did not miss it yet for tax year 2023, which is April 17, 2024. Thanks!

No, you do not have to file your personal tax return on or before March 15, 2024.  That date is only for those filing a Partnership tax return, Form 1065 or a Corporate tax return, Form 1120 or 1120S. 

Your business is a disregarded entity who files their business income and expenses on a Schedule C that must be included with your personal tax return, Form 1040.  The date for filing a personal tax return is April 15, 2024.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies