Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jag23-24
Returning Member

depreciation

I am self employed and have been using turbo tax for years...last year my return was rejected because someone claimed my dependent and I had to mail in my return...this year all the prior year numbers especially for depreciation is not showing up like it usually does....do I have to re input and recreate depreciation schedules?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

depreciation

Yes, if it does not automatically transfer into your 2023 return, then you will need to re-enter the depreciation information to continue the calculations.

Mailing your return for 2022 should not have any effect on whether the information is brought forward into your 2023 return.  Be sure that if you are using TurboTax Online that you are using the same account that you previously used.  

Take a look at the following TurboTax article for some help to see if you have multiple accounts:

How can I view all my TurboTax accounts?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Carl
Level 15

depreciation

Weather you e-file the return or elect the option to print, sign and mail the return, that should have absolutely no effect on your ability to import from that return. If you're using the online version, chances are you're not using the same account you used last year. If using the desktop version, you may have not imported from the 2022 return at all, or it's possible you imported from the wrong 2022 return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies