turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

David23

Ally Invest Consolidated 1099 Not Imported

TurboTax is only importing my 1099 forms from Ally Bank, but not from Ally Invest. Any fix for this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
fjb4

Yes. When TurboTax ask you how you want to enter your 1099-B select import from brokerage.  Instead of choosing Ally Invest type in Apex Clearing Corporation.  Your password will be the eight digit account number and password is usually your social security number with no dashes.  Hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

28 Replies
fjb4

Yes. When TurboTax ask you how you want to enter your 1099-B select import from brokerage.  Instead of choosing Ally Invest type in Apex Clearing Corporation.  Your password will be the eight digit account number and password is usually your social security number with no dashes.  Hope this helps! 

stoecs

I am trying this and everytime I get an error message saying that sign on failed to authenticate. Anyone else get this to actually work?
David23

@stoecs : the answer was submitted almost a week after I asked it; I got tired of waiting and just manually typed in my transactions. Thankfully it wasn't that many transactions... so I can't comment on whether this answer works or not.

@stoecs This definitely worked for me when I tried it a couple of days ago! Was literally waiting on this answer to finish my taxes.

@stoecs This definitely worked for me when I tried it a couple of days ago! Was literally waiting on this answer to finish my taxes.
stoecs17

Getting it to work with the 8 digit account and tax payer I’d?

Yes, I used my Ally Invest account number and SSN without dashes and it worked for me.

Trying Apex Clearing with my Ally Invest account number and Password is SSN. Still not working this year, but I know I did it last year. Anyone else struggling in 2020? I was waiting for today because TurboTax said the form would not be available until 2/7/20. Now I just get an error! I already signed up for $90 turbotax specifically so I could import. My AllyInvest is automated, so I have hundreds of transactions.

I have tried this as well (username is account no. and password is SSN with no dashes) and mine is coming up with an error code of 103. The message says this:

That still didn’t work, so try one of these. (103)

This worked for me today.  Using my Apex Clearing account number and SSN for password.

I’m having the exact same problem on Feb 7, 2021. I got it last year, paid the $90 this year, and it’s not working! Form was supposed to be ready today. 

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

@joshuareane Can you reply to this thread and tell us which form you're referring to?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@joshuareane Same here.  I was informed it could take until Feb. 16th for the 1099-DIV forms to be available to be downloaded.  Although, if I log in to my Apex account directly, I can download the 1099-DIV form for 2020. 

IIRC, this happened to me last year, and I had to wait until Feb. 15th for it to finally appear via TurboTax import.

JoannaB2
Expert Alumni

Yes.  You may access the payer's website for faster service.  The 1099 tax forms should be sent by the company to the recipients by February 1, 2021.  If not received after February 15, you may contact the payer or the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 for a substiture copy of the form 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies