turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

U.S. Savings Bond interest, best place to enter?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

6 Replies

E.G. check the box on reporting regular interest that states more boxes have info which T/T says is rare, or better to report them where the caption states U.S. Savings bond interest and not check off the box which reports regular savings interest & etc.?
Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

Yes, because the cashed bonds interest were reported on my end of the year interest 1099 int. statements to which I did check "my form has more info than  just box 1"; then, further on while looking through the forms, I saw a spot to report U.S. Savings Bond Interest, a separate box to check...that confused me. Maybe, I am suppose to report it twice which did not make sense. Thanks for clearing this up.

I have another state retirement system entry problem with T/T, the Payer's ID # is one digit too long to be accepted by T/T and it automatically enters a hyphen after the state id # of 72- + the rest of a 7 digit  ID# which with the hyphen is one too many numbers. Weird. I can call the La. State Retirement system and ask if this is a mistake or has T/T made a mistake. I didn't as I tried 6 times to enter the number and it failed all 6 times. Could you advise?
Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

Link no longer available

Thanks anyway on the extra number answer...I lucked out on a by chance call to the state retirement office as a bookkeeper was actually working on Saturday to catch up on work as she was out sick 2 days earlier this week and they are working short. She answered the phone just to make it quit ringing and told me that several 1099R's went out with one too many zero's in the state I.D., computer glitch...4 zero's not 5...Thanks again, as God was with me on that random call.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies