Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1099b upload needed for IRS, but part of a consolidated report

Turbotax says I have to upload my 1099B for the IRS, but the 1099B is part of a consolidated report that also contains the 1099INT, 1099DIV, etc.  

Since the 1099B is listed on pages 3-7 of the consolidated report, can I just send in the 1099B portion or is it better to send in the all the pages which include the INT and DIV as one PDF?

The reason I ask, is if the IRS "reads" in the 1099B and doesn't see the 1099-B as the "first" item of the report, will there be problems.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks for your feedback.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

if your financial institution partners with Intuit you should be able to import each of the 1099s

if it does import is possible you go to the file tab and select import from financial institution and then select the proper FI. from there you are on your own because each has its own method for importing - some as simple as logging into your FI account, other want a Document ID and other identifying info.  

if it doesn't import is not possible and that leaves three options. 

1) manually enter the 1099-B and other 1099s in Turbotax  You can then e-file - nothing is mailed to the iRS. 

2) enter the 1099 int & div in Turbotax.  enter 1099-B by code in the Turbotax 8949/schedule D. print out the 1099-B and manually attach it to your 1040 which must be mailed

3) enter the 1099-int & div in Turbotax. enter the 1099-B by code in the Turbotax 8949/ schedule D. print out the 1099-B and attach it to form 8453, you can then e-file the 1040 but must mail the 8453 with the 1099-B according to its instructions

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8453.pdf 

Thanks for your reply. 

I decided to upload the whole consolidated statement within TurboTax (since it was requested as TT stated that for this 1099-B they wanted to see the details) so the IRS will have all the statement pages.  Since the 1099-B is on pages 3-7 and there might be a question if the pages are reviewed, like where are the other pages and why don't I see them.  Since the IRS has all the other information (DIV, INT, etc.), I just included them too. :-).

Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies