Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

hockchailim
Returning Member

1099-DIV and 1099-INT - Should I leave the Mississippi State Income Amount as blank?

I have both the 1099-DIV and 1099-INT on my Federal Tax Return and they got auto transferred over to my State Tax Return.  But, they got transferred with the Mississippi Income Amount of blank and it asked me to "Enter the Missing Information".  Should I leave this amount blank or should I entered an amount there?  If I do need to enter an amount, what should I entered?  My 1099-DIV has amount on 1a,1b, and 7.  My 1099-INT only has amount in box 1. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
hockchailim
Returning Member

1099-DIV and 1099-INT - Should I leave the Mississippi State Income Amount as blank?

it looks like this question has been asked here https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/state-taxes/discussion/mississippi-enter-the-missing-information-f....

Since I only live in one state the whole year, Mississippi, should I leave it blank and TurboTax will know to apply all INT and DIV amount to my state return or do I need to enter the total amount?  If I need to enter the total amount, what should I use for DIV, which has amount in 1a, 1b, and box 7

DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

Since you are not filing a nonresident/part-year resident MS return you can leave the amounts as zero and the MS return will pull the federal amounts over.  

Alternatively, you can enter for the interest box 1a amount and for the dividends box 1a amount as well.  The result will be the same, since you are not filing a nonresident/part-year resident MS return.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies