turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

mason142
Returning Member

1099-B Worksheet Error: Keep asking "Date Acquired must be entered for xxx"

I think entering the totals is the way to go. You need to select the option that says "more than 4 transactions" or something and then it suggest just entering the totals. It will then ask you to upload the pdf of the 1099 for the IRS.

After 8 yrs with turbo i will be taking my business elsewhere this is ridiculous 

Just letting people know, it seems like the problem has been fixed? After initially having the problem, over the weekend I went through each of my stock sales individually and fixed them manually where needed...just kept my original import (did not free type them all individually) and then corrected each line. I then got the previous error about a Date Acquired date being needed where it was already present, just like before. But this time, when I entered the Date Acquired again during the Fix It/Review section, it did not put me in the same infinite loop it did a few days ago, it took right away and moved on to completion. 

Folks having this issue before should check now and see if they have the same experience.

Yes, actually. I just tried it. Asked me twice about the same date, but after the second entry, it got out of the loop. Thanks for sharing.

At what point does it ask to upload a PDF? I completed all the way to final screen where it says:

All your calculations are correct!

Our systems check found:

• Accurate calculations, guaranteed
  • All required tax forms
  • No missing data

Next, you can get a final review from a tax expert or CPA

And at no point has it asked me to upload a PDF. Re-did the process 3 times Lol wondering if I'm missing the step where it asks for a PDF? Or does it ask after this final step?

mason142
Returning Member

it should have asked for one if you opted to do the summary version. not the itemized version. Also now that I am about to submit my taxes its asking me to mail in the itemizations manually with form 8453...?

edit: look at what I found. the uploaded pdf doesn't do anything. You still have to manually mail to the IRS

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/why-is-tt-telling-me-to-mail-form-8453-to-the-irs...

Hey @mason142 ya that's what i did. I did the summarized version, but it never asked me to upload anything anywhere. 

This really will be the last time i use turbotax. get's worse every year.

mason142
Returning Member

yea. I think I am done with turbotax as well. For those of you who are still stuck on this I THINK the problem has to do with the fact that each individual entry has an error. If you go "edit" the uploaded doc it should have each item itemized. click edit on any of them and then press save. You will get an error but for me it had nothing to do with the acquired date. It was the fact that I had to label the trades as short term. Seeing that I have over 300 trades I really dont feel like clicking on each one and updating them.

I bet some programmer just did something like "if there's an error on any item, throw a date error" as a generic solution.

Thanks for reminding, I tried the turbo tax again, seems it made some progress, but still doesn't work

Now, it keeps asking "Has QSB stock". Seems it doesn't move forward to check another transaction, nor update its internal record. -- falls into an infinite loop.

Should be similar issue, please help take a look.

Thanks,

I HAVE HAD IT WITH TURBO TAX.  IT'S LIKE DO IT YOURSELF SOFTWARE.  I SHOULD JUST FILL OUT THE MANUAL FORMS AND IT WOULD BE EASIER.  I CALLED IN FOR HELP AND THE REP HUNG UP ON ME BECAUSE I TOLD HIM AFTER EXPLAINED THE PROBLEM THAT HE HADN'T HEARD A WORD I SAID.   WHY SHOULD THE CUSTOMERS HAVE TO FIX EACH OTHER'S ISSUES OR SHARE PROBLEMS????? OBVIOUSLY BECAUSE TURBOTAX IS A JOKE AND THEY HAVE ZERO CUSTOMER SERVICE.  THIS ISSUE WITH THE ACQUSITION DATE IS KILLING ME EVEN WITH THE SOLUTIONS OFFERED HERE.   THE POINT IS TURBOTAX SHOULD FIX THIS IMMEDIATELY.   HELLO ANOTHER TAX SOFTWARE NEXT YEAR.   NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER EVER AGAIN WILL I USE THIS GARBAGE TO DO MY TAXES.   MAKE SURE TO RATE THEM 1 STAR ON THE APP ALSO.

I am experiencing the same problem.. infinite loop and not able to get out. This is not a pleasant experiencing and filing tax has never been so time consuming

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

The issue has been submitted and is currently under investigation.  We are currently working to resolve this issue.  If you would like to receive an update for the progress, click on the following link to get notified:

Acquired date

Any asset you hold for one year or less at the time of sale is considered “short term” by the IRS.  Capital assets that you hold for more than one year and then sell are classified as long-term on Schedule D and Form 8949. 

The net gain or loss from you Form 1099-B will show on line 4 of Schedule 1 and line 7 of Form 1040.  For more information, click here: 1099-B

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hi, @LinaJ2020 Lina2020:

Can you help take a look at my problem about QSB infinite loop? It had blocked me for more than 3 weeks.

Thanks a lot.

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

If you are filing with TurboTax online, let's do these steps: 

• Check your internet connection.  Try to log out and sign back in the program. 
  • Clear your cache and sign back into the program.  To clear cache, click here: Cache
  • You may also try a different browser.   

To update the program:

• If you are using the TurboTax CD/Download software program, open the program, from the top, under Online, select Check for Updates.

@chenw2000

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hi, Lina: @LinaJ2020 

Thanks for reply.

-- I tried to clear the cache, and re-login to the service, it doesn't work

-- I tried to delete the 1099-B and then load again from TD Ameritrade, it doesn't work

-- I tried to use IE instead of Chrome, it doesn't work

So, what else I can try?

Please help ask the dev team to fix the issue, a lot of people like me are waiting for the tax return to pay the bill.

Thanks

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies