Solved: Tax year 2019

Tax year 2019

I have started what I thought was my tax return for 2019. How ever when I went back to it I saw that it was actually for 2018 tax year. How do I change from tax year 2018 to 2019? 

Do I have to start a new return?

Tax year 2019

What software are you trying to use?   The online program is ONLY for 2019 and it would be impossible to prepare a 2018 return using the current online program.

If you are trying to use last year's CD/download software it can only be used for 2018.  it cannot be updated or changed for  2019.  So one way or another you are using the wrong year's software or misinterpreting what you are seeing.  If you are using desktop software, click on Forms mode and see what tax year it shows.

Tax year 2019