8606 - Community

8606

I have worked thru all the steps for my IRA and have not been asked about nondeductible contributions and no  8606 forms have been generated.  What should I do?

8606

When will you have this form available?  I'm filing taxes and I cannot efile because I need this form?

thank you!

8606

I am having the same issue.  TurboTax has moved the date back twice for filers needing form 8606, from 1/29/2020 to 2/5/2020 and now back to 2/12/2020.  I just want to file my taxes and the date keeps getting moved back.

8606

Below is the excuse I received in an email--

My RESPONSE:  HOW COME H&R BLOCK Software managed to have in NOW?

Email from Turbo Tax:

Re: Form 8606 Availability

Because e-fileing does not use paper forms - it transmits encrypted data in the exact format specified by the IRS/State or the IRS/State could not read it. The IRS/State first finalizes the paper form, then writes the e-file specifications and gives that to e-file providers to develop their software. Then the IRS/State must test with the e-file providers and approve the electronic forms before they can be released so that both ends are compatible. That process usually takes several weeks after the paper version has been released.

8606

Thats just BS.....there is no reason form 8606 is not ready...you just keep pushing it back....its been 3 weeks since the irs finalized form 8606 so there goes your argument about "it takes 2 weeks to get it ready" just please refund my money and I will file elseware

8606

A lame excuse here. Been filing form 8606 since the mid 90’s, but they need to recreate a new one each year? 

8606

@Nfnity wrote:

Waiting for the IRS -https://www.irs.gov/e-file-providers/list-of-available-free-file-fillable-forms

IRS table.JPG

8606

the IRS released form 8606 3 weeks ago...it doesnt take that long to code the exact form over again...there was no change to the form or the law since 2018... All other tax preparation services have form 8606 available last week or the week before..therefore there is not excuse for the form not being ready by TurboTax...like I said...lame excuse....for not coding it earlier.....

8606

@Ramwiz  The IRS does not have the Form 8606 fully functional either...

https://www.irs.gov/e-file-providers/list-of-available-free-file-fillable-forms

IRS table.JPG