ticheyb

Why am I repaying for first time home buyers for a property I bought after 2008 ?

ErnieS0

If you received the 2008 first time homebuyers credit, you are required to pay it back over 15 years, except under certain circumstances. In some cases, you could qualify for the 2008 credit on a home purchased after December 31, 2008.

Are you supposed to be paying back the credit? You can check your information on the First-Time Homebuyer Credit Account Look-up.

If you have a balance due on the IRS website and believe it's wrong, you can call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040. Be aware. The phone lines are backed up. The IRS opens at 7 a.m. local time in every time zone. The earlier you call, the better your chance of speaking with someone.