Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bankrupt lender

ditech went bankrupt and need my 1098 from 2018. how can I get a new one issued if the website no longer exists 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

bankrupt lender

Are you asking about a mortgage lender?  Did the lender go bankrupt or was your mortgage sold to a different lender? Who are you now making your mortgage payments to?  That is who you should be asking for a 1098.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

bankrupt lender

Ditech went bankrupt and I paid my mortgage of prior to knowing. I never received a 1098. I tried to go to the lender that it would of been transferred to but because I was never generated an account number they can't help me.

bankrupt lender

That sounds like a load of baloney.  If the mortgage loan was taken over by another lender they have to have records or how else would they know how much you still owe, how much you are supposed to pay, your interest rate, etc.?  If you are making mortgage payments to the "new" lender then call them again and ask to talk to a supervisor.  It sounds like you talked to a low level employee who was not helpful.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies