turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

hankm1
Returning Member

Illinois Tax Return glitch

It is February 22 and I am still having this problem.  I bought H&R Block software and have had no problem printing Illinois returns.

In fact I'll be switching to H&R Block for the rest if my family's returns this year.  It also seems their explanations are much clearer than 

TurboTax's.   I've used TurboTax for more than 8 years.  But this unresolved problem is making me switch.  

Deleting the three files per Vollpreuss post worked for me also. Thanks for sharing!

Like some other users, I purchased TurboTax Premier Federal and State. I completed and e-filed both my Federal and Illinois returns. Yet I am unable to save to PDF or print my Illinois return. I received an email that purports to be from TurboTax telling me to fix the problem by downloading and installing an exe file. It also instructed me to send them an install log if the download does not work. This is utter nonsense: I paid for a program. I did not pay for a Beta version of a program. TurboTax needs to promptly update the program with the fix for this problem. Don't ask me to download and execute a file that may affect my computer and its data in a way that I do not understand. I have used TurboTax Premier for over 10 years and I have never seen anything like this. I also have never seen any other software developer tell me to fix their program by downloading an exe file: they update the program with necessary fixes. Please respect the intelligence of your customers.

Your tirade makes no sense. You've done nothing but complain that they need to provide a fix, and then when they do, you freak out about having to install it. However, I am sure you would blindly go ahead and install the exact same file if it came via one of their regular their download updates...
cazam

I am having the exact same problem  with my Illinois tax return.  I can't print them and get the same error message that no form is selected. Is turbo tax going to do anything about this.  

I don’t think they have anyone smart enough to fix it.
What I have been doing is bringing it up on the forms and copying on a paper return.
I don’t know what else to do.

That’s how it should come a regular download update.
I didn’t pay for all that other crap.

All,

Vollpreuss's solution (posted 2 weeks ago on the 4th page of this string) worked for me and many others.  Here's a cut and paste from his post:

“Was getting frustrated with the Turbo Tax recommended "fixes" not working.   Found this in  Support and it worked for me.  

Use at your own risk.  I figured I could always put back the files or reinstall if things went off the rails.

Turbo Tax:  What is your organization going to do to repair customer relations?  My refund along with many others has been held hostage by this bug that is yet to be officially resolved.   

If you are comfortable with deleting files, you can try this:

Delete the three files   ilif01.1pe, ilif02.1pe and il_ind_schsa.pdf  all dated 12/10/18.

location was C:\Program Files (x86)\TurboTax\Premier 2018\Forms\ili_18 for the first two files, 

….and C:\Program Files (x86)\TurboTax\Premier 2018\Forms\ili_18\fpspdfs for the pdf. 

This worked for several other users.

(the "Premier 2018" subdirectory will be Deluxe or Home & Business if your version is one of the other ones)”

CheriS
Intuit Alumni

To be clear, the solution provided, TTDHotFixAPP.exe has not worked?

Resolution

Our Fix it tool will resolve this issue follow the steps below to download and run the tool

1. Click here to download the tool TTDHotFixApp.exe
  2. Open the Download and extract the file to your desktop
  3. Run the tool as an admin
  4. Once the tool completes running  press Ok and Enter to close the tool
  5. Open the TurboTax 2018 and update
  6. Once updated Open your Tax file to print your return.

Original Link

Returning Member

I am also trying to access my completed  Illinois State form  and it is also telling me it is unavailable and I have never had this problem.  I have already e-mailed my Federal and I need to fill my State form.  This is the second year there have been problems.  If this can't be resolved I will need to find another company to use in the future. Please fix this problem.

hst24

I am having the same problem with my Hawaii return.  Will this fix work for me?

It did work
dutilr

I am having this same problem with my 2018 Illinois state return.  Is your resolution safe to follow if I have already completed and e-filed my 2018 tax returns, both state and federal?  I just want to make sure I won't lose any data from my completed returns.  Thanks.

Yes it worked didn’t lose anything.
lsal

Has anyone found a current solution to this problem?

I did the TTDHotfixapp.zip and now I cannot access the returns at all!!! unless I pay $45 for Illinois.

Illinois is my free state!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies