Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts Retirement/Life Events! >> Event happening NOW!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

State taxes rejected

Upon filing taxes this year I had no issue getting my federal return but every time I try to file my state tax, it gets rejected. I’ve carefully looked over the tax document and nothing seems wrong. The only thing I can think of that may be preventing my state return from being accepted is that my prior year state taxes were also rejected. I never fixed last years and I’m not sure how to go about resolving this issue. 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Cindy4
Employee Tax Expert

State taxes rejected

You can find contact information for your state here:

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/state-government-websites

It may say small businesses, but once you click in on the state you will see the tax department contact.

They will be able to help you determine the reject cause.  It may be the same reason each year and once it's corrected you will be able to efile going forward.

@Blakey   Additionally, your 2022 cannot be efiled at this point and you will need to mail them.  For 2023, you can check out this link.  If you aren't able to resolve the issue, you may need to mail 2023 as well.

Hope this helps!

Cindy

**Please say "Thanks" by clicking the thumbs up icon in a post
***Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on the "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies