Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Solar tax credit - Federal refund delay

I have submitted my taxes by Feb 2024. It has solar credit. I haven't received my refund yet. Checked in IRS website. It shows status as ' return received' . No update for more than 2 months. Please advice 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Once your return is filed, TurboTax has no control over the processing of your return or the release of your refund. You will need to contact the IRS for information. It might be easiest to set up an account with them. I have included information on that below.

Why do some refunds take longer than others?

What if my IRS refund is taking longer than 21 days?

IRS Individual Online Account  

• Taxpayers with a Social Security number or an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number can create or access their IRS Individual Online Account to get information they need to file their return.
  • With an IRS Individual Online Account, people can:
  • View balance owed, payment history and schedule payments.
  • Cancel scheduled payments – new feature for 2024.
  • Get transcripts.
  • View or create payment plans.
  • See digital copies of some IRS notices.
  • View key data from their most recently filed tax return, including adjusted gross income.
  • Validate bank accounts and save multiple accounts, eliminating the need to re-enter bank account information every time they make a payment.
  • View, approve and electronically sign power of attorney and tax information authorizations from their tax professional. 
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

This answer is available already in online references. I was not expecting turbo tax to get my refund too. Also I have mentioned in my post that, I have already checked in IRS website about such details.

What I was expecting is, to provide me info possible delay reasons for solar tax credit scenarios and possible actions from my side to get clarifications from IRS. I am sure you are aware that IRS wont pick up calls. In such situations, as experts in this field, I was really expecting you to guide me through this. Instead what I got is; online document links. 

As a member who is with turbo tax for about 10 years, I was expecting a bit more proper guidance. 

Anyway, Thank you for whatever info you were able to provide

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

We have no information about any delays and if a taxpayer is delayed it may not be the same delay as another taxpayer. We do not have access to your information or information pertaining to the processing or delay of your return.

Unfortunately only the IRS can provide you with guidance or clarification. This is why I suggested setting up an account with them. You may be able to find out more information by doing this. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies