Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

unionfan

Refund status

Good evening. 

My taxes have been accepted. Refund stated estimated arrival by direct deposit on April 20,2024. Why has it not been deposited? This is my first year doing taxes due to a divorce. That's why I'm asking.

Thanks 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
LeticiaF1
Expert Alumni

Refund status

The IRS issues most refunds from e-filed returns in about 21 days, although some returns take more time to review.

To check the status of your refund:

1. If it's been accepted, track your refund at the IRS Where's My Refund? site.
    • You'll need your Social Security number or ITIN, filing status, and the exact amount of your refund to check your status, which you'll find on the first screen after signing in to TurboTax

If it's been more than 21 days since your e-filed return was accepted, you can call the IRS directly to check on your refund status.

Go here to track your state refund.

Refund status

I am having the most difficult time trying to figure out where my refund was deposited too....my friend who has been doing for last 9yrs recently got sick and un responsive at hospital so the login info I been trying to locate thru tt is not helpful so besides the point my refund was supposed to be deposited too my chime card but it didn't and irs website shows it was already sent directly to bank 4/17/24 and can't locate where it was deposited....so i went on sbtg website cuz they handle the refunds for tt I got a tracking trace number for the refund that was sent and I also got last 4 digits of account number that it was deposited too so I called green dot to see if i had any open account with them and gave them my social so they said nothing besides some old accounts that were closed but when I gave them the tracing number to my refund they said they were able to trace the refund but it wasnt in my name .....how is a refund sent thru direct deposit and not be in my name if thats my refund linked to my social??? I'm really confused please help me in this mess somebody please

Refund status

That sounds like some BS even if somebody was tryna take ur taxes its still a mess up on the IRS end because the name didn't match ur social, regardless. 

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Refund status

If you filed your tax return through TurboTax, use this link to confirm your return was successfully filed and accepted.

If it was, you can enter your information on the IRS website under the refunds page.  This is where you will be able to see the status of your refunds.  There is also additional information on that page to help you if you determine your refund was not sent to the correct account.  

@sangels4220 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies