Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

refund less than half and no idea if my grandson was any tax credit

Still don't understand how turbo tax said I should get a refund of $5900. and the irs corrected it to $2691.00

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

This information is not provided to TurboTax.  You would have to call the IRS at 800-829-1040 to see why they made a change.  This can happen for reason such as to them having information that does not match what you entered so they make a correction.  This can occur due to an entry error or missing W-2 or 1099 that they received that you did not enter on your return.  It can also occur because of a refund offset, or an adjustment to a credit or deduction you claimed. 

Video: Reasons Why My Tax Refund Is Not What I Expected

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I filed on Feb 2nd both of us are retired, so on the 1040sr I listed our ssa-1099 and one 1099-r which the irs had us send a copy. I since received a refund of $2691.00 and then a cp12 showing my calculation were identical to the irs calculations. I will never do my taxes myself again and will always have someone at turbo tax do them. At this time I believe the online that I did somehow did not do my taxes accurately. I am aware of the irs tax advocate, and I am reluctant to make that contact. I have back tracked with turbo tax to no avail. Almost considering paying someone to go back over my information.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies