Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Quarterly tax payment calculation and forms

Please explain how to locate the 1040-ES area of the system. I have typed it into the search and although there are instructions I can not find a JUMP TO button. Then it says "with the tax forms open" but I don't know how to open the 2023 tax documents. It only has to download them. I also got instructions to open "other tax situations" which does not exist on my sign in area. Please help.

I need to know how much to pay in estimated tax since I owed last year and need to pay estimated tax this year. I need to also print the "coupons".

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

If you used the TurboTax online editions to complete and file your 2023 tax returns -

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2023 online tax return.

Follow the instructions in the TurboTax support FAQ to complete Form 1040-ES for tax year 2024 - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/estimated-taxes/turbotax-calculate-next-...

Or click on Federal>Other Tax Situations>Other Tax Forms>W-4 and estimated taxes

K M W
Employee Tax Expert

Hi, Barberbunch! To access the 1040-ES section in TurboTax, you have to actually be in your current year tax return. So, if you have already filed your 2023 return and are trying to access from the home page, you will not be able to jump to the ES from there.  Not to worry, though, there is a workaround to getting to the worksheets and vouchers for 2024.

From your  home page, click to amend your return. NOTE: you will want to be very careful to NOT make any changes to the 2023 data. Once you click to amend with TurboTax online, it will open the 2023 software back up. Once there, you can click the search button and type in 1040-es, and the "Jump to 1040-es" button will appear.  Conversely, you can navigate to Other Tax Situations, See all Uncommon Tax Situations, Other Tax Forms, and click Start next to Form W-4 and Estimated Taxes. Once there, you will be answering questions about your 2024 tax situation and TurboTax will then generate the 2024 1040-es tax vouchers.

You can then click to "cancel amend" (as you are not actually amending the 2023 tax return, just accessing the software to prepare 2024 vouchers).

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies